We encourage users to keep the number of cancellations to a minimum. Excessive cancellations are wasteful. If the cancellation is unavoidable, remember to call us as soon as possible if you are not going to use your ride.
Your considerations will free up this space for another passenger who is on the waiting list.
To cancel a trip call 905-529-1717 and Press 7
The policy applies to any DARTS passenger who exceeds one or more of the following conditions in a calendar month period.
- Maximum 6 late cancellations
- Maximum 3 no shows
- Maximum 7 combined late cancellations and no shows
- Maximum of 25% of subscription and/or casual booking trips cancelled
Cancellations and no shows are recorded on a single one-way basis. A cancelled round trip is two trip cancellations, and a no show may be recorded for each of the two trips in a round trip is the passenger is not in contact with DARTS.
No Show Policy and Suspension
A passenger who regularly fails to notify DARTS if they are not using a ride, or a passenger who is not at the pick up location repeatedly, may have their DARTS service suspended by Accessible Transportation Services (ATS), City of Hamilton.
- A trip cancellation occurs when a passenger books a trip, and cancels such a request no later than the required time of 4:30pm of the day preceding the trip. Cancellations are recorded on a single one way basis. A cancelled round trip is two trip cancellations.
- A late cancellation occurs when a passenger books a trip, and fails to cancel this trip request by the required time of 4:30pm of the day preceding the trip.
- A no show occurs when a passenger books a trip, does not cancel ahead of time, and is not available at the time that the vehicle arrives within the pick up window and/or within the 30 minutes after the negotiated pick up time. This includes any occurrence of the cancelled at door, where the passenger refuses a trip at the door that is within the pick up window and/or within thirty minutes after the negotiated pick up time.
- In all cases, a no show shall be recorded by the driver only after a period of 5 (five) minutes time has elapsed from arrival within the pick up window and/or within thirty minutes after the negotiated pick up time, and upon approval of the DARTS dispatcher.
- No shows are recorded on a single one way trip basis, and a no show will be recorded for the first of the two trips in a round trip is the passenger is not in contact with DARTS; the return trip will be recorded as a cancellation.
- The negotiated time for each trip is that time agreed upon by the passenger and ATS and/or DARTS for pick up, subject to the pick up window.
Pick Up Window
- The pick up window is that period of time 15 minutes before to 15 minutes after the negotiated time, unless otherwise specifically agreed to by ATS and/or DARTS.